2016 Joint Spring Meeting
May 11-14, 2016
Key West Marriott Beachside Hotel
Key West, FL
Presented by the ABA Solo, Small Firm and General Practice Division; Standing Committee on Group & Prepaid Legal Services; Group Legal Services Association; and Co-Sponsored by the Miami Beach Bar Association.
As a member of a co-sponsoring entity of the 2016 Joint Spring Meeting, a discounted registration rate is available (save up to $100 for ABA members and up to $200 for non-ABA members) by including code GP1605CS when you reserve your seat today! Be sure to take advantage of the early bird rate and register before 4/20.
Come Prepared to Feed the Mind, Refresh the Body & Soothe the Spirit. There is something for everyone, including:
- Local and national speakers in two moderated discussions: Stand Your Ground Laws and the implications of the Supreme Court’s decision in Obergefell on solo and small firm legal practices;
- Technology Tips such as leveraging your social media accounts, defending robo-audits, and ethically using technology to take your practice to the next level;
- Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation especially since it is always evolving. You need to know all aspects of continuing compliance with the federal tax code and ERISA, as well as other applicable federal and state laws affecting compensation and employee benefit arrangements including the Pension Protection Act, the Affordable Care Act, etc;
- Family Law programs such as Marriage Equality 2.0: What LGBT Couples Have and What Lawyers Hold, and Guardianship: The Brave New World;
- Estate Planning issues that address the Basics of Bankruptcy for Home Owners;
- How Group Legal Services Plans can help lawyers generate additional revenue, provide free marketing, avoid accounts receivable from clients, and receive direct payment; and
- Over 10 social events!
Your attendance opens the door to knowledge, techniques, leaders, and other resources at a fraction of the time and expense. Detailed information about the 2016 Joint Spring Meeting is available at www.ambar.org/gpsolospringmeeting
Early bird registration rates end at 5 pm CT on April 20! Save up to $200 with Code GP1605CS!